It's time to wean Jonathan. We've been down to only one feeding per day. Right in the morning when he wakes up. But I need to wean him. I have never had a problem with engorgement in the past when weaning my kids. But two days of not nursing once a day??? OUCH and tears on my part. . . Any ideas on keeping the discomfort to a minimum? And seriously, who would have thought that I would have that much milk for a one a day feeding?
When I stopped nursing Josef cold turkey at 8 months, there were no problems. I was nursing him several times a day. But then, I really had no milk and we were both happier with the change.
Just had to shout out my woes, since FB doesn't really seem like the most appropriate place to discuss this.
I fully understand that discomfort. Things that have helped me are to take a hot shower and let nature take its course. I know that you don't want to express any, as that defeats the purpose of weaning, but even just letting that little bit out can make a huge difference and won't prolong the process. It will take a few days but you're on the downhill side of it already. I have found that usually after the 3rd day it starts to get better as your body is realizing that it doesn't need to do this anymore and starts to slow production. Good luck.
ReplyDelete