Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Not high risk
I love my new obstetrician. I never thought I would say that. But really, the man is so laid back, yet completely competent that it makes my day to visit him. Today, when I had a routine visit, he kept saying "you are not high risk at all--just a normal woman going through pregnancy." This was confirmed by the perinatologist who did a very thorough ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. Really, I need this kind of attitude. It's exactly the right tone to take after the other doctors completely freaked out about my having lupus. And I personally feel that the level of stress that the Swedish doctors heaped on me contributed to a very stressful delivery of my little Brooke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow that is amazing. I can appreciate fully being downgraded to a normal pregnancy—it never happened for me but I am glad it did for you. Enjoy that.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a relief! The doctors in Japan heaped a lot of stress on my SIL during her first pregnancy, and after returning stateside for her second, she had a much different experience. Perhaps in America we are just really laid back...
ReplyDeleteI don't know if American doctors are more relaxed per se. The first ob/gyn group I went to confirm the pregnancy were horrible. They put me through a terrible amount of stress and then refused to take me as a patient because I was too high risk. This is the same group who is treating a friend of mine. She's pregnant with her sixth baby and she has had c-sections in every single pregnancy. She is at risk for preclempsia, gestational diabets, etc.
ReplyDelete