Friday, December 25, 2009

Some things I forgot

I forgot to record some fun experiences I've had with the kids.

Brothers

Trent adores Jonathan. He is very quick to volunteer to hold the baby when I need help. The other day I was finishing some work on the computer, when Jonathan began to cry from his bed. Trent ran into my room, picked up Jonathan from his crib and brought him to the living room. Trent held the baby while sitting on the couch and began to chat away with Jonathan staring at him. "Jonathan, I was a baby once, just like you. You are growing so big. You will grow up to be like me. You'll be able to walk, talk, and then you'll grow up. You'll get married, get a job and have children."
I love that my children actively seek out their baby brother. They all love him and help me out with him. I love that Jonathan has the opportunity to have such great bonding moments with four siblings. In many ways, he gets more attention than Walter did, and from a variety of loving family members.

Playing House

Last week, Brooke and I were cleaning out her room in preparation for the holidays. I brought the baby into her room. She insisted on calling Jonathan, baby Joseph. Then she got out her doll and said that he was baby Jonathan. She lovingly wrapped her doll in a blanket and copied all my actions with Jonathan. She told me she was the little mama and I was the big mama. We had such fun playing together while we cleaned. I wish we had more moments like this, where she tags along with me and we play while I work. Often, she is involved in her pretend play and doesn't want to follow me.


Scrapbooking

I love scrapbooking, but haven't done much lately. Although I seem to be acquiring paper at a rapid rate. It really is becoming something of a vice for me. I made chipboard albums for the kids' teachers and teachers' aides. Josef asked me if he could make a scrapbook. He found a binder that he wanted to use with page protectors. I found pictures and paper. He worked diligently for an hour on his scrapbook and made an adorable album. It was fun to work together doing something I enjoy so much.

1 comment: