When I decided that the kids and I would spend the bulk of the summer in Wyoming, I was hoping for some rest and solitude. I imagined leisurely summer days, thoughtful blog posts, craft projects begun and completed. And most of the summer has really been all I hoped for, I just haven't been writing at all. I go days without even touching a computer. And I don't even miss it. I'm sorry that I'm not keeping up to date on the lives of my friends. I've missed vacation details, birth details, summer boredom, etc. But somehow staying away from the computer right now is really adding up to a very peaceful happy summer. I feel refreshed and renewed.
We are having a lovely time in Cody, Wyoming. The only hard part of our summer is that Brent is working hard in New York. I wish he were beside me, sharing in the moments.
I may or may not post about our summer. For the moment, I feel like going down to my bedroom and curling up with a good book.
I promise I will return to the land of the living in September. In the meantime, enjoy summer!
Love to hear that you are enjoying such peace on your vacation and summer. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY for you and the kids! May the rest of the summer be just as restful and enjoyable. "See" you in the fall!
ReplyDelete