After an impossibly full and fun day yesterday, I woke up to experience what I can only imagine feels like a hangover. (I've never had a hangover, nor do I ever intend to have one. But seriously, I felt like I had one this morning.) I had all the classic symptoms, blurry eyes, felt a tad sick, pounding headache, grumpiness, exhaustion, sensitivity to noise. Even Brent, my normally insanely cheerful husband, was offended at Brooke's chirpy voice and happy attitude.
So what did we do yesterday? We went to a water park and then caught a double feature at a drive-in movie theatre. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any pictures from the events. I brought my camera, but I was so involved in actually participating that I didn't take any pictures.
IBM, Brent's employer, hosted a family fun day at a local water park. The deal was insanely cheap and so we couldn't pass it up. My kids were a near fever pitch of excitement as we drove to the park. IBM has several facilities in the New York area and they had opened up the park to all employees of IBM. There was a huge traffic jam from all the people going to the park.
Anyhow, the kids each got a little gift pack, which they loved. Brent took the boys on the waterslides and Brooke and I enjoyed the wave pool and the kiddie area. I couldn't go on the slides because of my pregnancy, which made me sad because I really love waterslides. But after attempting a tiny slide with Brooke, I realized the restriction was necessary. It hurt landing. Everyone played nonstop in the water and the slides. We gorged ourselves on pizza and ice cream. I was totally pooped after 3 1/2 hours of hanging out in the pool.
After the park closed, we drove 30 minutes north to a drive-in movie theater. I love drive-ins. It is my favorite way to see a movie. Monday night has a family discount. We watched two movies: "Shorts" and "G.I. Joe". Shorts was funny and enjoyable for the kids. We all wondered about the plot of G.I. Joe, but enjoyed the insane attempt at "science" and the special effects of G.I. Joe.
We arrived home at 12:30 a.m. and were totally bushed. Sorry I described this so badly, but I haven't been capable of anything today because I was so tired from yesterday. I am no longer a young teenager capable of insane hours.
It sounds like you guys had a great time. That is one thing that I wish Wyo had more of, exciting things like a water park. If we had a drive in I think we would go too. Hope your hangover didn't last too long.
ReplyDelete