Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trent: 10 Fast Facts




1. Trent turns 8 in July.
2. Trent has an impish, charming, and engaging personality. He can make friends with any age. Adults love spending time with him because Trent has such a refreshing outlook on life.
3. Trent's hair must be kept short because his has a very bushy cowlick on the back of his head. Then his hair fluffs up. No amount of combing will keep it neat or orderly. We used to tease him that he had Macgyver hair.
4. Trent has two large scars on his head. One graces his forehead, Harry Potter style, and the other is on the back of his head. The former scar came as a result of falling on a chair at church when he was 3. He acquired the second scar in December in a freak accident. A glass cupboard door fell on his head, slicing it open. It was our first emergency room trip in the U.S. Much more pleasant than our experiences with the emergency rooms in Sweden!
5. Trent plays the oboe, although he hasn't lessons in awhile. I need to find him a new teacher.
6. Trent rollar blades extremely well. He taught himself how to skate.
7. Trent typically wears four or five shirts at a time. And he refuses to change clothes more than once or twice a week. We're living through this phase. It's not something worth fighting about. He does change if I point out his shirt is dirty.
8. Trent aspires to be a scientist when he grows up. I think he'll do a brilliant job at it. He certainly has the curiosity and drive to be a good one.
9. Trent asks people for things all the time, and they always say yes. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Kids give him toys, candy, etc. Adults just fall for his personality everytime. He's not shy and doesn't get mad if people turn him down. He also isn't afraid to ask for things for his siblings. If he gets candy, he always asks for more for his siblings. This ability would be very useful if he does become a scientist--will the government prove just as vulnerable to Trent's grant requests as most people do? We shall see!
10. Trent is obsessed with collecting Pokemon cards and trading them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. These have been interesting to read because I really haven't known anything, even the ages, of your children, other than their names (and that's because I have a cheat sheet- and whenever any of my close friends have a baby, I write down the baby's name--but not birthdays or anything). So it's been interesting to learn about your children.

    ReplyDelete