My little Brooke, she's two. And holy cow, is she ever two, in all the gloriousness and terribleness that is the age of two. She's naughty, throws tantrums, completely illogical, funny, charming, loving and exasperating. Lately, I've mostly seen the exasperating parts of her personality. Jumping on my tender belly, throwing a fit because the pacifier didn't fit in the doll's mouth, or taking toys from her older brothers have been the experiences that have crowded our days.
Oh and did I mention that she is moody and emotional? And that when she gets upset or in trouble, she runs to her bedroom, slams her door and throws herself on her bed? No?But today, I was reminded of every adorable aspect of her personality. We had to do some shopping. Sometimes she is a bear on shopping trips. However, she was so much fun. We spent the entire 2 1/2 hours laughing, talking and having fun. While at the drugstore, after I asked her not to touch anything, she politely asked if she could play with a little green frog. The frog kept her so occupied during the entire visit to the store, that I was halfway tempted to buy it for her. When I asked her to put it back, she did, giving it a kiss goodbye. It was such a delightful day after days of tantrums, that I want to hold it like a jewel in my heart.
And for the record, there are many days when I feel like a two-year old, moody and fit-throwing and all.

No comments:
Post a Comment