Accomplishments
My schedule I developed has worked so well that I am completely pleased with the results. I do need to revise the schedule for the irregular days like Friday and Tuesday. Otherwise, the house stayed fairly clean without extra intensive labor on my part. The boys completed their homework in a timely manner. No one fought or argued about media time. And we made significant progress with Josef's reading lessons and Trent's reading time. I also feel especially glad that we've returned to a regular scripture study. So the schedule really feels like a triumph to me.
Trent was awarded a certificate achievement in Math. He was given the certificate in front of his entire school. I'm proud of him for his hard work and effort.
For years, poor Walter has struggled with sleep problems. It is really difficult for him to fall asleep and then he sleeps poorly, always waking tired and cranky. Our pediatrician recommended that he start taking a small dose of Melatonin. We are completely amazed at the difference it is making for him. He falls asleep quickly, sleeps sounds and awakes happy and rested. And the difference it makes during the day is truly profound. Today was the first Sunday that he concentrated completely during the meeting. We had Stake Conference and he diligently focused on the entire two hours of talks.
Even though I hate shopping, I did find a pair of yoga pants, shoes for Walter, and a nice body scrub and lotion. So I guess the shopping was worth the effort.
Brent was shortlisted for a position at Boise State University. He has a telephone interview on Monday. Whether or not he is offered the job or even accepts it, I am really pleased that the job market doesn't seem completely barren.
Peaceful and Beautiful Moments
Recently, I read a beautiful post on a blog about contentment in motherhood. I haven't felt that contentment lately. So I am striving to create more moments of contentment and recognize those experiences of contentment. Here are a few moments of peace and contentment that I have experienced this week.
I truly enjoy reading with my children. I am so happy to Josef progressing with his reading lessons. We have so much fun together working on the lessons. Trent and I are reading Gooseberry Park. Each evening, we snuggle together and read about the adventures of the inhabitants of Gooseberry Park.
The weather has been so pleasant lately. Friday evening, while Trent was skating at a class, Walter, Josef, Brooke and I went outside and enjoyed the lovely evening. The kids played on the swingset while I drank in the mellow air of the evening. The leaves and flowers have finally burst forth cloaking our backyard in privacy and peace.
Walter has really tried to see my needs and help me. He often jumps to my rescue offering to help with various assignments. I'm so happy to see him take more responsibility at home.
Brooke and I had a delightful outing on Thursday grocery shopping and visiting the pharmacy. I hope it is a harbringer of more fun mother/daughter moments.
What successes has your family had this week? What are some moments of contentment that you have experienced this week? Please share. I love to hear the good things going on in your lives.

I wish we'd been in contact years ago. Aden went through a period where he didn't sleep well either, about 5 years ago. Melatonin was a blessing for us too! So fun to know more about your life now!
ReplyDeleteKiessa, does Aden still use melatonin?
ReplyDelete